Back to school bits and pieces! August, 2017


Tomorrow I am back at work after the summer break. It's not the work aspect that I'm dreading, it's getting back into a routine whereby I wake up long enough to do all the things I have to do before heading out the door!! I am not a morning person and I always end up calculating how long i could leave my alarm so that I have just enough time to get ready. In the end, I end up rushing around like a headless chicken and running out the door with a smoothie in hand on my way to work. Every.Single.Morning.

Being organised, however, can make me feel a little less stressed and if I have a clear desk space, I feel like I have a clear mind. So this week,  I thought I would write a short blog post on the little bits and pieces I managed to collect over the holidays ready for the next term, because I love stationery and like getting quirky bits and pieces to have at home and at work.

All products in this range feature the trademark Ted Baker bow. Price: £19.96 
I'm going to start off by speaking about this absolutely beautiful little chest of drawing pins, bulldog clips and paper clips by Ted Baker. As anyone who knows me well will tell you, I love all things Ted Baker and when I saw this little stationery stack, I knew I just had to have it. As with all Ted Baker products, each product comes with their own little quirky saying 'on point' for the drawing pins, 'a clip off the old block' for the bulldog clips and 'hold it together' for the paper clips. I love the colours in this little range; the lilac, rose gold, deep pink and light pink complement by desk space well and the handy detachable drawers helps to keep things tidy!

L-R Hole punch: £11.96 , tape dispenser £11.96, stapler, £15.96
'Stuck on you' 'the pick of the punch' & 'well connec-Ted'









When I spotted the matching Ted Baker office set, I just couldn't help myself. The sellotape, hole punch and stapler are a stunning champagne pink colour with rose gold interior. They are a geometric diamond-esque shape and feature the beautiful Ted Baker calligraphy on the outside. 



Copper pencil pots £6.50 each, John Lewis

Moving on now to these two copper pencil holders from John Lewis. I was actually looking for new make-up brush pots when I came across these and fell in love with the design. The copper didn't really go with the theme I had for my makeup, but the copper went really well with the rest of my stationery haul so I had to add them to the mix! 
Inside each of these pots, I have a set of 'positive pens' which are quirky little biro pens that have different encouraging sentiments on them; 'great idea' 'today is a good day' 'hello beautiful' and 'positive vibes'. I know this sounds daft, but I loved that these pens were in the shape of triangular prisms because they are so easy to hold! They look nice and they feel nice, winner winner - chicken dinner. The other pencil pot contains a batch of stationery lover pencils which I bought off of Not on the high street and they also feature quirky little sayings on each of them 'stationery lover' 'stationery addict' 'stationery nerd' 'stationery geek' and 'stationery mad' which i think describes me quite well..




My little rainbow of sharpies are probably the messiest part of my desk because they are not confined to a specific space. So, like when playing a game of family monopoly, the whole lot could go flying across the room at any second. 👀 I got these sharpies in WHSmith's. 25 permanent markers for £7.99 I thought was a bargain. You never know when they could come in handy? And if i was in the slightest bit artistic, I would decorate a pair of trainers with them. However, I'm still waiting for that day. The only thing I don't like about these is how many green pens there are. I may have to give them away yet.   



The last little thing I bought in the summer holidays was a little personalised notebook. It is made of cardboard and cost me £12.50. On the front cover is has 'A little book for all my bright ideas and lightbulb moments' with my first two names written below it. I thought it was quite quirky and I am always short of a notebook to write things down so this was just the perfect thing!


__________________________________________________________________
That's my blog post for this week! If you're going back to school this week, let me know what your thoughts are about it and what kind of stationery you are taking so that you are nice and organised.
Have a great week.
Lots of love
Lauren
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in my dance bag?

Top 10 children's books