Summer Lovin - a list of this Summer's favourites! 2017





Instead of doing a monthly favourites, I've decided to stick to a seasonal favourites, because, normally I'm so busy in my day to day life that I don't take that much notice of what I've used in which month and I would drive myself mad trying to work out it. So this week, saying as we are well on our way into autumn, I thought I would relive my summer and discuss the kinds of things I was enjoying at that time! Enjoy!

Aussie hair range - this Summer, I decided to give Aussie another go! I have used Aussie products in the past but because I like to rotate the products I use on my hair, I had forgotten all about it! However, I found out this Summer, that a few of the staple items of my routine were in-fact Aussie!
- Festival fresh dry shampoo. I'm not really a fan of dry shampoo if I'm being perfectly honest. However, when I found this one - I really liked it. It's a little bit more expensive but still within a reasonable price range at £4.49 and doesn't leave a residue on your hair like I found with most other dry shampoos. It does it's job without trashing your hair at the same time.
- Leave-in conditioner I struggled to find a leave-in conditioner that I liked (so, please, if you know of a good one - let me know!). I often find that, even though I use normal conditioner everyday, my hair still needs a little boost of moisture so I've been using this in an attempt at keeping it sleek and silky. It's also so reasonable in price at £4.49
- Luscious long shampoo and conditioner I actually got these in the sale in Semi-Chem for only £1.79 each! I love a bargain and I also love love love the smell of this shampoo. I think they might be discontinuing it, though, but I've stocked up so that I can use it for longer! The perfect product for getting your hair to smell sweet for Summer!
- 3 minute miracle reconstructor - A nourishing mask for your hair that, surprise surprise - you leave in for 3 minutes. When I thought my hair was looking bedraggled and unloved, I started using this little gem. I often find that days out in the sun (not that we have much in the north) and using a variety of products can leave my hair feeling dry and broken so that's when I started using this. I probably need to incorporate more into my routine if i'm honest
.



Flowers in the sun Yankee Candle

I actually got given this as an end of term gift and over the Summer months have used it each and every evening where I'm having a bit of 'me' time. The smell is so fresh and quite citrus-y (which i love!) and the shade of yellow just brightens my day in general! I get quite picky about the fragrance of candles but this one would win over anyone in my book! Love!





Top-shop sunnies

I decided to treat myself to a new pair of sunnies this year. I normally go for prescription sunglasses but when I saw these in TopShop I had to have them. They are the oversized flat revo sunglasses and were £18.00. I think because I have quite a big head/face these suit me well because they downsize everything else. I also love the great marble pattern on the outside and the mirror effect lenses. 



White grape and lychee 'Tropical Tease' j20

I am a lover of j20 in general. Back in the days before I drank alcohol (shout out to the college gals for trying to pickle my liver ever since 😉) I used to drink j20 when I was out. I wasn't overly keen on fizzy drinks so this was the perfect alternative. I was actually out for dinner in town when I had white grape and lychee for the first time and I have loved it ever since! It became my summer drink of choice! It's so sweet but yet refreshing so perfect to have with a meal or for just chilling in the sun.




Stila Spirit eyeshadow palette - again, this palette was something I bought on a whim but I have been loving it ever since, especially this summer where all the shimmer shades have been getting used to thee max!! I like quite light looks on my eyes, not a fan of the smoky eye at all. 




YSL - Mon Paris fragrance - as most of you will know, i love trying out different fragrances.  I think it's something so personal and can also be sentimental if you have a special occasion and you wear a nice fragrance, you're always reminded of that occasion when you wear the scent again.
This summer, I have been loving this fragrance by YSL. I spied it in John Lewis but didnt buy it until much later and I had finished my studies and decided to treat myself. It's fresh and quite fruity which I quite like and it really is the perfect size for your handbag. I wore this perfume to my graduation and I'm sure whenever I put it on again I will be reminded of that special day and the emotions it evokes. 




   

  Benefit Galifornia blush I had spotted this blush by Benefit a while before I bought it because I was quite unsure about it. But I have to admit it, I was not disappointed with it when I did eventually splurge and get it. It is so pigmented and smells so sweet and peachy that I used this all summer with a light foundation and that's all I needed! What the photo doesn't show was the gold shimmer that was on the top layer of blusher and this seemed to highlight all the natural arches on my face. Definitely one of my favourite blushers from benefit.




Dove summer glow. £4.99 Dove has long since been a favourite brand of mine and when it came to tanning, it didn't disappoint! I decided to go for the normal to dark skin tone (even though I'm as fair as a carton of milk) because I wanted to look not only glowing and duey but also like I looked like I'd been away on holiday. I tanned every night after my shower a week before my graduation and it gradually built up to a natural tan that I was happy with and everyone seemed to comment on, which was nice. My skin didn't react to it and it moisturises at the same time - what more can a gal want?

Revitalising coconut water moisturising foot pack by xpel body care.  I have been using these all summer and I can't get enough of them. They are cooling, moisturising and so so perfect for a gals night in. What's even better is that they are only £1.00. What else can you buy for £1? Seriously, summer essential that I will be using well into autumn as well. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So that's all the things I have been loving over summer this year! I know that I'm churning out these blog posts thick and fast but I thought I better get this one down before autumn is over as well and this post is still in my drafts!
Enjoy
Lots of love 
Lauren
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in my dance bag?

Top 10 children's books