Beauty faves - February 2017

Here is the second installment this week - my beauty faves!




Barry M coconut infusion gel nail paint in the shade paradise and oyster - I am actually a big lover of Barry M nail varnish because it is not overly priced, the colours are beautiful and when you get fidgety like me, you need a good strong varnish that has good 'staying power.' These shades are very discreet but perfect for adding a subtle colour to your nails and I just love the consistency. They apply to the nail very well and often one coat is enough to provide a vibrant colour.  Even the name 'coconut infusion' 😍 suggests that it's doing something good.

Soap and Glory. Anyone of knows me will know of my love for Soap and Glory. I love the scent, the quality of their products and the cute, quirky little names they give each of their ranges. It's just an all round fave! I recently got a gift set at Christmas so I've been working my way through that! It is such a more-ish sort of product that you find yourself stocking up whenever you see it in the shops!

Ardell Wispies - I first used these on my brother's wedding day. I obviously got my makeup done for the occassion and the makeup artist asked if I wanted to use these to set the look. I was never a fan of lashes before but ever since I have been obsessed! I use the wispies, although they come in demi wispies, baby wispies, 101 and 102. I like to use the orginial wispies because they are a+++ fuller lash for my eyes, especially if i want a dramatic look. The are so inexpensive to buy as well. Love!

Urban Decay primer potion. This is the sharpie of the makeup world. Once you put this on your eyes and your eye shadow on top - you will need a good makeup remover to take it off. It is a gem! I use it each and every time I apply eyeshadow because it has brilliant staying power. It even comes in different shades and for different skin types. Well worth a look if you haven't already heard about it!

Urban Decay all nighter setting spray. I use this most days to keep my makeup in place - the mist is cooling and really does make your makeup last a long, long time! I have had my bottle for aggeeees so it really does last and well worth what you pay for it. It even comes in a handy travel sized bottle for taking on the go! :)

Clarins gentle exfoliating toner. This gentle toner has been a staple product of mine for a number of years. I used to use toner everyday and night but found it really dried out and irritated my skin. Now I use this twice, sometimes three times, a week and it removes all the dirt and grease left on your skin so you can see it for yourself. Love it!


YSL forever youth liberator eye zone serum - A literal gift from heaven for sore eyes! I really struggle with eye creams because my eyes are so sensitive. This, however, feels cooling on sore eyes and nurishes and moisturises leaving you feeling refreshed come morning! It also smells like summer holidays so it's a winner in my book.😎

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - My saving grace when my skin gets bad. Even after one treatment, my skin feels smother and less 'clogged'. The consistency is creamy but not too 'oily' and it smells divine!! It is such a miracle worker - will definitely buy it again.

Estee Lauder Advanced night repair - I received a tester of this when I bought Estee Lauder foundation. I waited until my skin was having a bad day before I dared to apply it. However, I was so happy with the result. It smells delicious and feels nourishing without feeling suffocating (if that makes any sense?) I will definitely be buying the larger bottle of this as I feel it's going to be a life saver when my skin plays up. I even prefer it to my Kiehls midnight recovery oil!! (shock, horror!)

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream - this moisturiser is definitely in my top 10. I normally use it if I have chapped lips, cuts on my hands or dry skin on my face! The tube it comes in will last you a looong while so definitely worth it. It is such a nourishing moisturiser and can soothe your skin even from weather burn and small abrasions.  

Kiehls midnight recovery concentrate - my skin literally drinks this stuff up. I apply it every night. I would say it smells 'organic', as in, the scent is not great but you know whatever is in it, must be good for you and your skin so you apply it anyway. It features a handy little dropper so you are in control of exactly how much you put on and I do see a difference come morning when I've applied it. 

Body Shop camomile beauty balm - I am a big fan of beauty balms, I like one product to take off all my makeup at night. I like the consistency, smell and gentleness of the Camomile beauty balm from Body Shop. I have been through sooo many tins of it, I can't see past it! It suits my skin type too as I have combination skin and I feel it nourishes the bits that need it whilst cleaning and balancing everything else. Worth a shot and so inexpensive as well.😊

Dove derma Spa goodness handcream - At work and at home, I am constantly washing my hands. It leaves them dry, cracked and just generally horrible looking. I struggle to find a really nice handcream that I absolutely love. That is, until I was given Dove derma spa goodness handcream as a gift. It is sooo nourishing and feels so silky to touch. I am a great lover of the 'Dove' brand anyway, I feel it is so gentle on skin and as my skin as is so sensitive, it is a winner winner chicken dinner all round - this handcream ticks all boxes!

L'Oreal Paris Pure Magic Lumi Light primer - I used this primer all throughout my youth and I still can't see past it! It is sooo inexpensive and works like an absolute dream. It gives such a natural glow below your foundation and the pump it comes with just delivers the right amount to apply on your face. It smells nice and the consistency is dewy without feeling heavy.


L'Oreal telescopic mascara - this mascara was the very first mascara I owned! I have never found another like it. I should probably have some shares in L'Oreal with the sheer amount of mascaras I have bought over the years. I cannot see past it! It's strange, because, this mascara has a plastic brush and I normally prefer natural bristles but it still wins over everything in my eyes. It just suits my lashes really well - lengthens and seperates as well as having good staying power to last me throughout the day

Clinique bottom lash mascara this little gem was originally given to me as a gift. Now, I don't know where I would be without it! It has the tiniest brush for using on the bottoms of your lashes to ensure they stand out. It is so handy - I love it!

Benefit rockateur blush. I'm not sure how many of these I have purchased in my lifetime but I know it's a lot. One of my favourite blushes, I just keep coming back to. It smells nice, it lasts well on the skin and I just love the colour of it. I might not use it as much coming into spring/summer but will definitely keep it come autumn! It's such a beautiful product.

Revlon peach parfair lip butter - I bought this on a whim, because I love lip products and this one was such a beautiful Spring colour with specks of gold through it. I am actually coming pretty near the end of this lippy which is so sad because I can't find a replacement. If anyone spies it anywhere let me know. 👀

Lancome gris bleu eye liner - another one of my old favourites! I have never ever come across another eyeliner which matches the colour of my eyes like this one does! My eyes are a grey/blue and this eyeliner, strangely enough, is gris bleu! It is so creamy and easy to apply. I hope they don't discontinue it. I will definitely buy it again!

Seventeen instant glow pink bronze shimmer brick - would you be surprised if I told you that this little beauty is only £3.99? Not even £4! It is a dupe of Bobbi Brown's 'bronze' shimmer brick and also Body Shops 'shimmer waves' for a third of the price. I use this almost everyday and have had some lovely compliments about how good my skin looks! I definitely recommend!

Anasatasia Beverly Hills contour kit 'light'. One of my favourite contour kits and one which I use most days and it still looks as good as new! Lovely and pigmented and blends very well! I like to mix the bronzed colours together with my brush before applying. Definitely recommend!

Ecotools styler and smoother hairbrush. - This hairbrush features an 'EcoVent' design which is proven to style hair 20% faster for less heat damage. It's so cheap as well and comes as part of a range by Ecotools! Definitely worth a look!

Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance lightweight conditioning spray - I used this conditioning spray when I was younger but for some reason, I stopped using it. It's really hard for to get locally but it is sooooo good and smells so lush. I've recently started using it again and I wonder why I ever stopped using it! I use it everyday and I can see the difference on my hair already!



OGX nourishing, weightless, hydrating Coconut oil mist. - I was a bit skeptical about using coconut oil mist because i have used pure coconut oil to replenish and treat my hair before. I found that, when putting the oil on my ends after washing, my hair became ridiculously greasy! I was recommended the coconut oil mist by a friend and so far, I have found it so much better! It mixes the coconut oil with coconut water so that your hair still reaps the benefits of the coconut oil but doesn't feel greasy or heavy! What a difference in the shine and condition of my since using it! Definitely recommend. 

______________________________________________________________________________________


So, that is it for the second installment! 
Let me know if you liked it or what you would like to see! I would love to hear your ideas
Lots of love
Lauren
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in my dance bag?

Top 10 children's books